IDENTIFICATION ON PHOTO: "Rita Ingram"
PHOTO TAKEN: Kennell-Ellis Studio, Eugene OR (in operation from 1924-2004), circa 1940?
PURCHASED: 2021 Antique Peddlars, Springfield OR
During research, I found her first name spelled RITA, RETA and RHEATA. On her marriage registry, it is spelled "Reta", so I am assuming this is the accurate spelling.
- Born in Minnesota or Ontario Canada, 3-Mar-1894 (or 1898).
- Died in Eugene Oregon 15-Feb-1978
Reta was a nurse, trained in the Sister Kenny method for the treatment of Polio. She was later a physical therapist at the Eugene Hospital.
1920 CENSUS > MINNESOTA > STEARNS COUNTY > ST CLOUD > 503 8th Ave S.
- BOWING, A E, head, 53 widowed, merchant in retail grocery
- BOWING, Isabell E., mother, 79 widowed
- BOWING, Erwin E., son, 27 single, no occupation
- WILCOX, Rheata H., nurse, 25 single, born in Toronto CAN to English & New Zealand parents, nurse at private home
1930 CENSUS > OREGON > LANE COUNTY > EUGENE > EUGENE HOSPITAL > Willamette Street
- WILCOX, Reta H., lodger, 36 (born abt 1894), single, born in Canada (English) of English and New Zealand parents, immigrated 1898, physio-therapist at hospital
|(Click any image for larger version)|
1940 CENSUS > OREGON > LANE COUNTY > EUGENE > COLLEGE CREST Dist > Sunset Row Rte 4
- INGRAM, James C., head, 45, born in Oregon, unable to work, no occupation listed
- INGRAM, Reta H., wife, 46, born in Minnesota, physio-therapy at hospital