|Ruth B. ANDREWS, circa 1895|
IDENTIFICATION ON PHOTO: "Ruth Andrews"
PHOTO TAKEN: appears to say "Butler" Studio, Bethel, Maine, circa 1895
ACQUIRED: May 2022, Athens Schoolhouse Antiques, Athens KY
This is Ruth Andrews, born in Stone Haven, Maine, in about 1855. Her parents Abel ANDREWS (1807-1884) and Lucinda BRICKETT (1817-1884)were farmers in Oxford County, and had at least 13 children:
- Eldin B. Andrews (1836 - )
- James E. Andrews (1838-1864)
- Edgar D. Andrews (1839 - )
- Joseph B. Andrews (1841- )
- Solomon C. Andrews (1843 - )
- Dean W. Andrews (1845 - )
- George L. Andrews (1847 - )
- Ellen M. Andrews (1849 - )
- Abby A. Andrews (1851 - )
- Ruth B. Andrews (1854 - 1921) m1 Eugene PRESCOTT, m2 Chelsey Anthony BOWEN.
- Catharine W. Andrews (1856 - )
- Lucinda Andrews (1858 - 1864)
- Abel Andrews (1860 - )
She and her sisters were apparently gifted in "needle and fancy-work", as in Sept 1903, Ruth won the first-place award at the State Fair for "Best Specimen Hand-crocheted lace", 2nd-place in "Slide-board scarf", and her sister Ellen won second-place in "Best pillow shams."
At age 51, in 1906, married Eugene Prescott, a divorced spool-maker in Bethel.
She later married C.A. BOWEN, and both are buried at Pleasant View Cemetery in Livermore Falls, Androscoggin County, Maine.
I find no evidence that she had any descendants.