Search Blog for Surname

Sunday, December 8, 2019

RAUSCH, Alta Irene (Lichti) (Tuscarawas OH)

ALTA L. RAUSCH

Identification on photo: Alta L. Rausch
Photo taken: unknown photographer, circa 1895
Purchased: 2015 Burlington KY Antiques Fair

UPDATE - I have determined this is Alta Irene (Lichti) Rausch of Tuscarawas OH (1874-1948).  Here is her memorial at Find-A-Grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/188505398
Alta has been sent home to her great-nephew, who has also emailed me the following images of Alta for comparison:





2 comments:

  1. Alta was born in 1875 and married Philip E Rausch in August of 1898. This photo is probably from about 1900 when Alta would have been 25 years old. I am framing the photo and giving it to my dad this Christmas. Alta was his dear aunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, Tom. I know your dad will love it. It is such a lovely portrait.

      Delete