Search Blog for Surname

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

WILSON, Anna Stone (New Haven CT)

ANNA STONE WILSON

Identification on photo: "Anna Stone Wilson 'Tirzah', my father's sister"
Photo taken: Phelps Studio, New Haven CT, circa 1894
Purchased: Kamin's Moment in Time, Feb 2020 South Florida Fairgrounds

I have discovered that this is Anna Stone Wilson, daughter of Charles Wilson and Sarah E. Porter. Anna who was born about 1876, is named for Charles' first wife Anna E. Stone who died in 1861.

NEW HAVEN CT 19 Dec 1902 - Anna Stone, daughter of Mr & Mrs. Charles Wilson of 319 Humphrey Street, was married to Charles M. Doolittle of this city.

1900 Census shows Charles Wilson (May 1830) living at 319 Humphrey Street with wife Sarah E. Porter (Nov 1831). Charles is a Fire Ins. Agent. Daughter Anna is not on this Census - is she at school?

Her husband, Charles M. Doolittle, born abt 1879 to parents Charles B. Doolittle and Mary E. __.

Anna died 14 May 1930, and is buried at Evergreen Cemetery, New Haven, next to her husband who died 22 Jan 1928. Her parents are also in the same cemetery.

Anna had two brothers, and one of these is clearly who is referenced in the description "my father's sister":
 - Charles Henry Wilson (died 1884)
 - Clarence Porter Wilson (b. 1868 - d. __)


Anna's father Charles Wilson died in 1906. His Obituary contains a great deal of valuable genealogical data.

(Click for larger image)

3 comments:

  1. Just found this. Anna was my great grandmother’s Aunt. I have a steamer trunk that belonged to Charles and Anna, and their marriage certificate is still inside. How could I get this to family members?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am able to find some family, or descendants, who would like this photo, I will also make sure they are aware of your post here about the Marriage Certificate. Or vice-versa, since you are connected to this family, you may be able to find someone quicker than I can. If so, please send them a link to this blog post. (ALSO - I wonder if your great-grandmother was the one who wrote "my father's sister" on the reverse of this photo?)

      Delete
  2. If I am able to find some family, or descendants, who would like this photo, I will also make sure they are aware of your post here about the Marriage Certificate. Or vice-versa, since you are connected to this family, you may be able to find someone quicker than I can. If so, please send them a link to this blog post.

    ReplyDelete