Search Blog for Surname

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

JOBSON, Fredrick

Fredrick JOBSON
In my stack of old photos which I had acquired last month but had not yet begun the research, I find another person with the surname of JOBSON. 

I have already placed John Henry Jobson with a granddaughter, but not sure if Frederick JOBSON is also related.

There are no location clues on this photo. I am guessing that the image is circa early 1880's.  The young man appears to be in his 20s.



The back of the photo contains a few confusing clues.

First, written in pencil, are the words "Fredrick Jobson" and then the mysterious word "Englonia" (?), which I suppose could be Euglonia, but that would be weird.

Above image enhanced to bring letters out more clearly.
Secondly, at the bottom of the backside of the photo, written in ink, are the words "Carlos (something illegible) Woolrich (?)" The last word could also say Woolworth.



1 comment:

  1. http://www.britishhomechildrenregistry.com/Person/bhcInfo/8580

    This is my great grandfather that was sent to Canada in 1884, it is possible that these are relatives of his based on the name. That said, I don't have any information about my Jobson family history, only that in Canada it starts with my Great Grandfather Fredrick as an British Home Child. I would have to get you in touch with some of my other relatives that might know more.

    ReplyDelete