Search Blog for Surname

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

LUISA ARMSTRONG

Luisa has gone home!

LUISA ARMSTRONG is seen here in a photo that apparently dates to the Civil War era, based on the style of dress.  On the back of the photo is found the following: "August the 11, 1900, Luisa Armstrong Died 8 o'clock Saturday Morning."

This photo was sent to me by a friend in Costa Mesa, CA, in October of 2001. She found this at a garage sale and passed it on to me, as she knows I collect things like this and try to get them back to their relatives.

I posted the find to the Armstrong Gen-Forum boards within a few days of receiving it, but it was about a year and a half later in February of 2003 when a descendant of Luisa finally saw the posting and contacted me. She informed me that Luisa is her GGGrandmother, and her full name is Luisa Estabrook Armstrong. Luisa's daughter, Louisa Armstrong Bolender, lived in Bakersfield CA until she died in 1919. This is how the photo came to be in California. 

Luisa was sent home to be with her family in February 2003.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment