Search Blog for Surname

Monday, July 31, 2017

NEEL, Mr/Mrs W.P.

Mr & Mrs W.P. Neel
Here is a photo I probably should not have acquired, as there are really not enough clues to help me identify this couple.

The photo is inscribed "Mr & Mrs W.P. NEEL" but there is no location or date given. No photographer's studio mark, which can often help determine a location.

If there was even a complete first name for either person, that would go a long ways in identifying then. But, alas.

The photo was likely taken in the 1950s or 1960s.  The couple appear to be in their seventies, so I am guessing birth year for both is 1880s or 1890s.

I did not make a note where I acquired this photo, but I am certain it was either in Southern California or in Oregon. I found the photo in a file folder which I know I had taken to the west coast on a trip about a year ago. And I do remember stopping in Antique stores in Pomona California, Corvalis Oregon and Eugene Oregon on that trip.

We are going to file this one as a "work in progress" and hope someone out there recognizes them and contacts me.


No comments:

Post a Comment